Sunday 7 April 2013

A new way to shoot stars


After some research i've found a new way to photograph the stars.

I've originally been using a low ISO (to reduce noise) and a very long shutter (30 seconds) and it'd been giving me fairly okay shots.

In these shots i  bumped my ISO up to anywhere between 1600, 3200 and 6400 to get the most amount of light i possibly could into the camera. Sure they were noisy but with a function on my camera called  'Long exposure NR' i was able to wipe out a majority of the noise i would have originally had. Then with Adobe Lightroom i was able to clean the photo up even a little more to make it look alot smoother and more aesthetically pleasing.




2 comments:

  1. wonderful images, were those taken with D5200?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they were actually :)
      I'm surprised how well they've turned out myself.
      I have used adobe lightroom to fix up the grain.

      Delete